Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Another New York Comic Con has come and gone, and this one was CRAZY. Well worth the sixteen month wait since last year's. The show itself was massive, almost to the point of being overwhelming. It seemed like every time I turned a corner there was a whole new wing of the convention I'd yet to explore. But I managed to navigate the convention pretty well and I'm back home safely. So here are some of the highlights.

Now with Brian & Bobbi coming out in a couple months, I had planned on mostly spending my time promoting the book, networking, the usual business stuff. I sat in on some panels and I have to say that by the end of the convention, I'm even more excited about Brian & Bobbi's upcoming release. It was pretty crazy though. I think I met so many people at the convention this year that I was out of business cards by Saturday morning.

Luckily though, they were due for an update anyway, so I threw this together last night.


I even had some time to enjoy the convention just as a fan though, which was nice since it'll probably be one of the last conventions where I'm able to do that.

I got to meet some folks whose work I've always been a fan of, picked up a bunch f books I couldn't find anywhere, including Phonogram vol. 2 which after searching for since its release, I bought directly from James McKelvie and Keiron Gillen. Just a tip to fans out there, if given the chance to buy a book from a retailer or the creators themselves, buy it from the creator. It's well worth it.

And on top of the two tote bags full of free stuff, I also picked up what is sure to become one of my new favorite t-shirts from the guys who do Atomic Robo, Scott Wegener and Brian Clevinger.

But anyway, the gushing over the con aside, there were a few other little things I couldn't announce till after the convention. So here they are.

-In my last post I said I'd be attending Steel City Con in December and that wasn't entirely accurate. Fact is, I'll be one of the featured guests at the convention! I'll be at the 215 Ink booth with Stephen Lindsay of Jesus Hates Zombies Massive Awesome. So make sure you stop by to check out all the cool stuff we've got going on.

-Last time I also mentioned that I'd have special limited edition copies of Brian & Bobbi for sale at the show, but there's more than that. We'll will also have some other really great stuff that you'll just have to see for yourself. I can't say too much about it yet, but I will say that the show is two months away, and already it's looking like it's going to be one to remember.

-And the last little bit of exciting news, for those of you who have managed to make it this far down the post, I've got a new webcomic in the works. I'm teaming up with artist Cristo Camba (who you may remember from my short story The Reunion which was published in If-X vol 2 #4) to do a slice of life webcomic called 14-B. We're still in the early stages of its development, but we've got the website up and running with its own dedicated domain (and that's how you know it's legit) http://www.14-b.com. Feel free to check it out though, I put the site together myself (a first for me) and we've got some samples of the artwork up there. Plus we'll be posting more as it gets closer to the launch date.

So there it is, my Post New York Comic Con wrap up. There'll be more news coming soon, so be sure to check back soon so you're not out of the loop.
Share:

0 comments: